Quincy Bioscience is an emerging biotech company located in Madison, Wisconsin, dedicated to hiring people that have a “can-do” attitude with an aim toward growth and limitless potential. Our goal is to create winning research, marketing and management teams that function smoothly and at peak performance levels. We have many things to accomplish and seek career-minded, curious professionals who are “roll up your sleeves, whatever it takes to get the job done” people.
At Quincy Bioscience, we are always looking for amazing talent. For an opportunity to join an exciting team on the cutting edge, please submit your resume along with a cover letter detailing your professional experiences and interests to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a fax to 608-237-2205. Qualified candidates with a potential match to any current or future openings will be contacted directly.
Quincy Bioscience offers a competitive compensation package including:
• Health Insurance effective on first day of employment
• Dental, Vision, Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Flex Spending
• Paid Vacation
Reporting to the chief financial officer (CFO), the Controller is responsible for oversight of all financial accounting and reporting activities. The Controller leads all day-to-day finance operations and supervises the accounting team in the areas of the financial accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll administration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all accounting operations, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and legal requirements.
- Oversees the activities of accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Oversee and assure compliance with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Establish, monitor and enforce accounting policies, procedures, internal controls and safeguards.
- Prepares accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and analyses.
- Coordinates the annual budget and rolling forecast processes.
- Coordinates all audit and tax return activities with external auditors and tax accountants.
- Monitors compliance with debt covenants.
- Assist in business risk management analyses and strategies.
- Assist in banking relationship management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Preference will be given to candidates with a Master’s degree, Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Must be a perfectionist by nature, with no tolerance for financial sloppiness.
- Highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data/information.
- Exhibit good time management, ability to meet deadlines and to work well under pressure high business ethics.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
Entry Level Sales Account Representative
Quincy Bioscience has Full-time and Part-time weekend positions available.
- Place outbound calls to current customer base to initiate future sales
- Take inbound (warm leads) from media promotions airing throughout the day
- Influence customers to buy product by following a prepared sales script that offers product information and price
- Promote product by suggesting related products; offering quantity discounts or special promotions
- Offer upgrades and down-sell each customer
- Record customer information in computer database including name, address and purchase related information
- Confirm customer information by restating and clarifying customer and product order information
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate or equivalent relevant work experience desired
- Ability to operate a computer and learn software systems
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Professional phone voice and excellent telephone etiquette
- Ability to adhere to company presentation guidelines and policies
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check and drug screen
Quincy Bioscience aims to reduce the mild memory problems associated with aging through the discovery, development and commercialization of novel products.* Quincy Bioscience is the only company to look into using apoaequorin for brain support, a protein originally isolated from a species of jellyfish.*
We believe in the power and promise of apoaequorin. The focus, drive and skills of our people will leverage our technologies to achieve our vision.
We respect the talent and unique perspective that each person contributes to the Quincy Bioscience team. Harnessing the synergy between us is key to our success.
We are committed to our employees, our partners and the patients that we ultimately serve. Honesty, openness and a sense of responsibility serve as our guiding principles.
We strive to exceed expectations and achieve scientific excellence. Only by challenging ourselves and our colleagues to continuously improve will we realize our full potential.
Although culture isn’t a value, how we interact with each other says a great deal about who we are. We work through our challenges and celebrate our triumphs together. We work hard, respect each other and have fun while we do it.
Our people are at the core of everything we do. We laugh, applaud and support one another on a daily basis. We love what we do and enthusiastically celebrate our achievements. We all sincerely believe that IT CAN BE DONE!